Final Public Hearing for update: CBES & RBES
On June 17, 2013, the Vermont legislature adopted Act 89, which clarifies the applicability of Vermont's residential and commercial building energy codes to mixed-use buildings and includes various amendments to promote compliance with those codes, such as using existing State and local permit processes to encourage compliance.
Vermont law requires that the residential energy code (RBES) and the commercial energy code (CBES) be updated on appropriate schedules. A public hearing for the proposed energy standards has been scheduled for September 19th in the Montpelier (Room 11 of the Statehouse), with discussion on the Commercial Building Energy Standards from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon and discussion on the Residential Building Energy Standards from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm. The Public Service Department also will be accepting written comments on the revised versions of the standards through September 26th.
Energy Code Update Timeline
* Proposed Energy Code Language available early June 2014
* Two stakeholder meetings held mid-June 2014
* Comment Period for inclusion in draft ends July 9
* Draft filed with LCAR by the end of July
* Revised Draft available August 19, 2014 and filed with Secretary of State
* Public Hearing - September 19, 2014
* Public Comment Period ends - September 26, 2014
* Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules Hearing - October 2014
* Target Code Adoption Date - December 2014
* Target Code Effective Date - March 2015
Read More . . .